|This article is about a/an show in the Tokusatsu Super Hero subgenre.|
This article is a stub. It is highly recommended that you help Tokupedia out by adding any more information that currently exists on this topic.
Robot Detective (ロボット刑事 Robotto Keiji) is a Tokusatsu superhero TV series. Created by Shotaro Ishinomori, the series was produced by Toei Company Ltd. and broadcast on Fuji TV from April 5 to September 27, 1973, with a total of 26 episodes.
On April 2020, Robot Detective became one of the 70 shows to stream on the Toei Tokusatsu World Youtube channel.
Plot[edit | edit source]
One night, a locked-room murder case occurred. It was a crime in a situation that was very impossible for humans. A detective appears in front of Shiba and Shinjo who are investigating. He calls himself K with a robot and tells him that the criminal is also a robot.
Behind the incident, it became clear that the criminal robot rental organization "BAD" existed, and the battle between the turf and the K (human and robot) team against BAD began.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Tokyo Special Crimes Unit[edit | edit source]
The hero of the series, a robot named "Robot Detective K" (or just "K"), who has no human form, but when not in battle, dresses up in human clothes and has a human-like personality
Allies[edit | edit source]
BAD[edit | edit source]
Episodes[edit | edit source]
- The Murderous Salesman of the Bad Organization (バドーの殺人セールスマン Badō no Satsujin Sērusuman)
- The Eye-Witness is a Zero (目撃者はゼロ Mokugekisha wa Zero)
- The Insanity Watch Scandal (時計発狂事件 Tokei Hakkyō Jiken)
- The Murderer Disappears in the Wall (壁に消えた殺人者 Kabe ni Kieta Satsujinsha)
- The Mystery of the Double Criminal (二重犯人の謎 Nijū Hannin no Nazo)
- The Terrifying Execution Machine!! (恐怖の死刑マシン!! Kyōfu no Shikei Mashin!!)
- The Overheaded Terror!! (頭上の恐怖!! Zujō no Kyōfu!!)
- The Thunder Kills?! (雷が殺した?! Kaminari ga Koroshita?!)
- The Electric Chair Spy!! (電気椅子スパイ!! Denkīsu Supai!!)
- The Bad Organization's Massacre Strategy!! (バドーのみな殺し作戦!! Badō no Minagoroshi Sakusen!!)
- The Secret of the Bad Organization Base!! (バドー基地の秘密!! Badō Kichi no Himitsu!!)
- Aiming for the Mother! (マザーが狙われる! Mazā ga Nerawareru!)
- Emitting the Devilish Smoke in the Mind! (悪魔の煙に気をつけろ! Akuma no En ni Ki o Tsukero!)
- Lighting Eyes of Terror!! (光る眼の恐怖!! Hikaru Manako no Kyōfu!!)
- Target is Atom Number 79?! (標的は原子番号79?! Hyōteki wa Genji Bangō Nanajū-Kyū?!)
- Snatch Away from the Bad Organization!! (バドーから奪え!! Badō kara Ubae!!)
- The Demonic Suds in a Disappearance?! (魔の泡に消されるな?! Ma no Awa ni Kesareru na?!)
- The Bad Organization's Frozen Strategy!! (バドーの冷凍作戦!! Badō no Reitō Sakusen!!)
- Pursuiting the Mystery in the Seas of Okinawa!! (沖縄の海に謎を追え!! Okinawa no Umi ni Nazo o Oe!!)
- The Water Bomb Blimp to Tokyo! (水爆飛行船 東京へ! Suibaku Hikōsen Tōkyō e!)
- The Terrifying Elec-Heat Man: Mother Blows Up and Sinks!! (恐怖デンネツマン マザー爆沈!! Kyōfu Dennetsuman Mazā Bakuchin!!)
- The Terrifying Missile Man: The Bad Organization's True Colors!! (恐悪ミサイルマン バドーの正体!! Kyōfu Misairu Man Badō no Shōtai!!)
- Diving Man: Underwater of Terror (センスイマン 水中の恐怖!! Sensuiman Suichū no Kyōfu)
- Depth Charge Man: Scorching Strategy!! (バクライマン 焦熱作戦!! Bakurai Man Shōnetsu Sakusen!!)
- The Atrocious Gatling Man's Bad Organization Virus Strategy!! (兇悪ガトリングマンのバドービールス作戦!! Kyōaku Gatoringu Man no Badō Bīrusu Sakusen!!)
- The Bad Organization: Dead in Mars!! (バドー火星に死す!! Badō Kasei ni Shisu!!)
Cancelled Reboot Manga[edit | edit source]
On January 15, 2014, Toei and Weekly Shōnen Champion had announced a manga reboot for Robot Detective will release in Autumn 2014, written by Eiichi Shimizu and drawn by Tomohiro Shimoguchi (Hybrid Insector, ULTRAMAN). However, this manga was cancelled for unknown reasons before official release.
Songs[edit | edit source]
Composed by: Shunsuke Kikuchi (all songs), Hosoku Yattemirō (opening and insert song)
Lyrics by: Saburo Yatsude (opening song), Shotaro Ishinomori (ending theme and insert song)
Performed by: Ichiro Mizuki
Notes[edit | edit source]
- During pre-production the initial title of the show was going to be Robot Detective J and even the suit's design featured a "J" on the buckle.
External Links[edit | edit source]