|This article is about a/an crossover special in the Tokusatsu Super Hero subgenre.|
|Shuriken Sentai Ninninger Vs. Kamen Rider Drive Spring Vacation One-Hour Combining Special|
|A special for Shuriken Sentai Ninninger and Kamen Rider Drive|
|Air date March 29, 2015|
|Written by Riku Sanjo|
|Directed by Shojiro Nakazawa|
|Order in Continuity|
Shinobi 5: The Space Ninja UFOmaru!
Previous in other series
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger Vs. Kamen Rider Drive Spring Vacation One-Hour Combining Special (手裏剣戦隊ニンニンジャーVS仮面ライダードライブ 春休み合体1時間スペシャル Shuriken Sentai Ninninja Tai Kamen Raidā Doraibu Haruyasumi Gattai Ichijikan Supesharu) is a 1 hour special that aired in the Super Hero Time block featuring a crossover between Shuriken Sentai Ninninger and Kamen Rider Drive on March 29, 2015, one week after the premiere of Super Hero Taisen GP: Kamen Rider 3. It is the second such TV special following Ressha Sentai ToQger Vs. Kamen Rider Gaim Spring Vacation Combining Special, which accompanied the release of Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai in the previous year.
Five flashy Roidmudes seem to be causing a “thick air” event, and when Shinnosuke goes to investigate, it turns out the problem was being caused by a Youkai. After arresting the red one, Shinnosuke starts interrogating him. He claims to be a ninja fighting Youkai and that he’ll show Shinnosuke. While this uneven pair squabble, Kyuemon Izayoi and the Roidmudes are putting a terrible plan in progress.
Youkai Buruburu attacks several civilians and causes them to subject their fears. Kyuemon gathers a lot of human fears and praises a silver-haired man for his help. The Ninningers transform and fight the Youkai, but are overpowered by its ability to induce a strange wave that decelerates their movements as he overpowers them and takes his leave.
The Ninningers however are attacked by a strange red car, revealing Kamen Rider Drive who addresses the Ninningers as "colorful Roidmudes" before attacking them as Type Speed Shadow and Type Technic. AkaNinger quickly breaks the fight and tries to reason with Drive to prove that they are not the Roidmudes, as well as the earlier incident. Go captures a photo of a strange phenomenon in the sky, sensing that something huge is about to happen. Eventually, Drive un-transforms and handcuffs AkaNinger before realizing that the others have disappeared.
At the Ninjitsu Dojo, the other Ninningers decide to hunt the Youkai first, as Takaharu can solve the matters quickly. While Takaharu (still in his transformed state) is interrogated, Mr. Belt via Shift Speed analyzes his equipment but finds that it it not of this world. Takaharu eventually uses a smokescreen technique to disappear.
Kyuemon thanks the Roidmudes for helping him. Brain Brain Roidmude is disgusted to have his kind being addressed as mechanical puppets by him, but Heart calms him down since they are regarded as "monsters" by humans as well. While Shinnosuke is searching for Takaharu in the department, AkaNinger appears in front of him and tries to prove he was right until they hear an argument from the Special Investigation Unit's office, where both Yoshitaka and Captain Jun quarrel when they don't believe each others' stories.
Just then, the Heavy Acceleration occurs again where the other Ninningers fight Buruburu with Takaharu bringing Shinnosuke to the location. While Go is capturing photos, Kamen Rider 3 introduces himself and challenges Go, who proceeds to transform into Mach. Takaharu and Shinnosuke arrive at the spot but instead witness the other Ninningers shivering in fear and attack Takaharu while seemingly emitting the Heavy Acceleration until Takaharu solves it and reveals the Youkai, gaining Shinnosuke's trust. He and the other Ninningers regroup and battle Buruburu. When AkaNinger slashes him, Shinnosuke and Mr. Belt witness a Spider Viral Core, wondering what just happened until Kyuemon, the silver-haired man and two other Roidmudes appear. The mysterious man reveals himself as Roidmude 089 and fights Drive alongside his comrades. After the Ninningers destroy Buruburu, the purified Sealing Shuriken is retrieved by Kyuemon, who gives it to 089 while growing 057 and 016 into giant proportions.
057 captures Drive as his hostage, causing the Ninningers to summon their OtomoNin. Brain witnesses the OtomoNin, but is dismissed of it when his comrades don't see them and think he was hallucinating. Using Shurikenjin, they save Drive before forming Shurikenjin UFO and destroying the two Roidmudes with its Shurikenjin: UFO Big Bang finisher. Suddenly, UFOmaru vanishes where Kyuemon reveals that it has ceased to exist due to being inside the world of Kamen Riders, making the Ninningers realize that they are not inside their own homeworld. If something older exists in this world, it will quickly vanish, which currently happens to Tsumuji and Yoshitaka. Kyuemon takes his leave, noting to his enemies that they have no alternative to get out. As the police force arrives at Shurikenjin, the Ninningers are captured and labeled as public enemies.
Mach is defeated by Rider 3, but the latter spare him as he predicts that his life would end soon. After the Ninningers easily escape, Shinnosuke is told that their existence may have caused distortions in his world so much that the Roidmude case has been stepped aside. He witnesses the Ninjutsu Dojo near the office and hears their conversation quietly. In order for them to return, they must find Roidmude 089. Shinnosuke approaches Takaharu at a dock and decides to help him, first by evading police forces. The other Ninningers meet Buruburu, who has somehow recreated himself from the same Sealing Shuriken. The leftover Hitokarage in Drive's world attack AkaNinger and Shinnosuke until Kiriko rescues them in a minivan. Kiriko shows them the silver-haired man's photo, which Saijo found on the internet. His name is Doctor Dee, a researcher from 40 years ago where he died in an explosion in his lab. However, his last words were that he had found the method to rewrite history. Rumors say that his ghost haunted the Eastern Kanto Institue Research of Science.
Shinnosuke, Takaharu, and Kiriko walk into the location and are ambushed by Leechameleon before Mach saves them. He searched through the history and reveals that their predecessors, Riders 1 and 2, battled the evil organization Shocker, but there's no info regarding Rider 3. Witnessing Shocker's emblem on the photo and comparing it to the ones from Doctor Dee, as well as the one from his lab, Shinnosuke has finally solved the case. Just then, the facility is destroyed by Turtle Bazooka.
Just as Buruburu, Hitokarage, and Roidmude 076 are about to finish off the remaining Ninningers, the Shift Cars save them as Shinnosuke and the others reveal themselves to be alive thanks to Mr. Belt via Tridoron's Tire Enhancements. While Buruburu is revealed to be Roidmude 089, the true mastermind however is the Great Leader of Shocker. Speaking through Doctor Dee's belt, he confirms that the events were indeed his doings. While Doctor Dee was supposedly dead, his body cells were saved and used by 089 to become the "reincarnated" Doctor Dee in order to use his plans. He also fused with the Sealing Shuriken, having Buruburu become his Advanced form. Once the Ninningers and Kamen Riders have transformed, they fight the Shocker armies with AkaNinger destroying Roidmude 076 and Mach eliminating Turtle Bazooka via Mach Mazerl.
Buruburu uses the combined powers of the Youkai, Shocker, and Roidmudes to create the Terrible Pressure attack, which greatly weakens his opponents. Drive and Mach use Shift Formula and Dead Heat respectively to escape, while the Ninningers use their Tower Ninja Whirlwind attack to overpower Buruburu until Drive Type Formula and Deadheat Mach eliminate him, destroying his Core and separating him from the Sealing Shuriken. As 089 is destroyed, UFOmaru is brought back into existence again, as well as Yoshitaka and Tsumuji. After several encouragements, they part ways as the Ninningers vanish via a green aura.
Go realizes that Rider 3 was neither a part of the Anti Shocker Alliance nor a member of Shocker, which makes him doubt his existence. Kamen Rider 3, with his helmet off, comments that 089/Shocker Buruburu was a test run by the History Modifying Machine and that Shocker's true plan is about to start as the horizon is being enveloped by a green aura.
Continuity and PlacementEdit
- Shuriken Sentai Ninninger: The premiere date of this special places it between Shinobi 5 and Shinobi 6. This appears accurate as the Ninningers have access to UFOmaru here, which they acquired in Shinobi 5.
- Kamen Rider Drive: It take place after episode 24
- This episode shows the effects of the history changing machine later shown in Super Hero Taisen GP: Kamen Rider 3, which slowly altered time, with Kamen Rider #1 and #2 die, the real timeline's Ninninger being of a different world/timeline and the appearance of Kamen Rider #3.
- This special would have premiered after Episode 22 had Ninninger not been delayed due to the Japanese news coverage of Kenji Goto's execution by ISIL setting back the final two episodes of ToQGer.
|Kamen Rider Drive||Shinnosuke Tomari|
|Kamen Rider Mach||Go Shijima|
|Kamen Rider 3||Kyoichiro Kuroi|
|Drive Driver||Krim Steinbelt|
- Kibaoni Army Corps
- Takaharu Igasaki (伊賀崎 天晴 Igasaki Takaharu): Shunsuke Nishikawa (西川 俊介 Nishikawa Shunsuke)
- Yakumo Katou (加藤 八雲 Katō Yakumo): Gaku Matsumoto (松本 岳 Matsumoto Gaku)
- Nagi Matsuo (松尾 凪 Matsuo Nagi): Kaito Nakamura (中村 嘉惟人 Nakamura Kaito)
- Fuuka Igasaki (伊賀崎 風花 Igasaki Fūka): Yuuka Yano (矢野 優花 Yano Yuka)
- Kasumi Momochi (百地 霞 Momochi Kasumi): Kasumi Yamaya (山谷 花純 Yamaya Kasumi)
- Shinnosuke Tomari (泊 進ノ介 Tomari Shinnosuke): Ryoma Takeuchi (竹内 涼真 Takeuchi Ryōma)
- Kiriko Shijima (詩島 霧子 Shijima Kiriko): Rio Uchida (内田 理央 Uchida Rio)
- Go Shijima (詩島 剛 Shijima Gō): Yuu Inaba (稲葉 友 Inaba Yū)
- Tsumuji Igasaki (伊賀崎 旋風 Igasaki Tsumuji): Toshihiro Yashiba (矢柴 俊博 Yashiba Toshihiro)
- Yoshitaka Igasaki (伊賀崎 好天 Igasaki Yoshitaka): Takashi Sasano (笹野 高史 Sasano Takashi)
- Jun Honganji (本願寺 純 Honganji Jun): Tsurutaro Kataoka (片岡 鶴太郎 Kataoka Tsurutarō)
- Rinna Sawagami (沢神 りんな Sawagami Rinna): Rei Yoshii (吉井 怜 Yoshii Rei)
- Kyu Saijo (西城 究 Saijō Kyū): Kenta Hamano (浜野 謙太 Hamano Kenta)
- Genpachiro Otta (追田 現八郎 Otta Genpachirō): Taira Imata (井俣 太良 Imata Taira)
- Drive Driver's voice (ドライブドライバーの声 Doraibu Doraibā no koe): Chris Peppler (クリス・ペプラー Kurisu Pepurā)
- Kyuemon Izayoi (十六夜 九衛門 Izayoi Kyūemon, Voice): Megumi Han (潘 めぐみ Han Megumi)
- Brain (ブレン Buren): Shota Matsushima (松島 庄汰 Matsushima Shōta)
- Heart (ハート Hāto): Tomoya Warabino (蕨野 友也 Warabino Tomoya)
- Medic (メディック Medikku): Fumika Baba (馬場ふみか Baba Fumika)
- Kyoichiro Kuroi (黒井 響一郎 Kuroi Kyoichirō): Mitsuhiro Oikawa (及川 光博 Oikawa Mitsuhiro)
- Doctor D (ディー博士 Dī Hakase)/Roidmude 089 (ロイミュード０８９ Roimyūdo Zero Hachi Kyū): Yūji Kishi (岸 祐二 Kishi Yūji)
- Main article: Nin Shuriken
- The Ninningers can use their Nin Shuriken to perform Shuriken Ninja Art Techniques, which includes transforming, summoning their OtomoNin, and activating special abilities.
- AkaNinger - Goton (Fire Setting), AkaNinger (Ninja Flash), Shinobimaru, UFO (UFOmaru), Paon (Stretching Technique)
- AoNinger - AoNinger (Ninja Flash), Dragomaru
- KiNinger - KiNinger (Ninja Flash), Dumpmaru
- ShiroNinger - Goton (Earth Setting), ShiroNinger (Ninja Flash), Wanmaru
- MomoNinger - MomoNinger (Ninja Flash), Byunmaru
Shift Cars & Signal BikesEdit
- Main article: Shift Cars
- Kamen Rider Drive can use his Shift Cars to either transform into different Type forms or switch out his current Type's Shift Tire with a different one for a special ability, the latter of which can also be applied to Kamen Rider Mach's Kourin Signal on his right shoulder.
- Type Changes
- Form Changes
- Mach Mazerl, Deadheat Mach
- Main article: Signal Bikes
- Kamen Rider Mach can use his Signal Bikes to either transform into different forms or change the Kourin Signal on his right shoulder to give him a special ability.
- Form Change - Signal Mach, Shift Dead Heat
- Signal Exchange - N/A
- Form Changes
- Mach, Deadheat Mach
- The Ninja Ichibantou announces "Pao Pao Ja!" before the OtomoNin Shuriken: Paon is spun.
- This is the first Spring Vacation Combining Special to feature both series' villain groups.
- Unlike ToQger Vs. Gaim, this special initially suggests that the Ninningers and Kamen Rider Drive are from separate worlds.
- The Plot of the Special is remincient to the Decade/Shinkenger crossover where Drive initaialy mistakes the Ninningers as enemies, much as the Shinkengers mistook Decade for one.
- Raizo Gabi of the Kibaoni Army Corps and Roidmude enforcer Chase/Mashin Chaser are the only characters from the then current main casts of either show to not appear in this special.
- Coincidentally, both of them are the rivals to the main heroes.
- Their absences can be explained by the situations in their respective shows. In Drive, Chase was believed to be dead after seemingly being destroyed by Drive, while he had in fact survived and was secretly taken care of by Kiriko in an abandoned building. As for Ninninger, Kyuemon evidently saw no need to involve Raizo in her endeavou in the Kamen Riders' world, who was presumably growing angry due to being stood up for a duel by AkaNinger in the previous episode while being oblivious to Kyuemon's activities here.
- Brain's reaction to the OtomoNins' appearance with Heart and Medic's disbelief of it is an inherited running gag from last year's combining special with certain similarities. Specifically, both Kamen Rider antagonists with stern personalities (Takatora Kureshima, Heart, and Medic) missed a taglimpse of the Super Sentai team's robot mechas outside their windows.
- Medic's disbelief comes off as sort of perplexing as the Roidmudes themselves are robots that can turn giant.
- The plastic ball seen in the ruins of Doctor D's lab is a reused prop which appeared in the evil lairs of several older Super Sentai series. Only this time, however, its neon lights are off.
- Sealing Shuriken Purified: 6 out of 48
- In Ninningers' possession: 5
- In Kyuemon's possession: 1
- Roidmude Count
- This is the second time Drive does a roll call, counting the improvised roll call from episode 20 of his series.
- Summary on TV Asahi's Shuriken Sentai Ninninger website
- Summary on TV Asahi's Kamen Rider Drive website
- Guide on Toei Company's Shuriken Sentai Ninninger website
- Guide on Toei Company's Kamen Rider Drive website