|This article is about a/an crossover game in the Tokusatsu Super Hero subgenre.|
|Super Tokusatsu Taisen 2001|
|Developer(s):||Japan Art Media (JAM Project)|
|Release date:||September 6, 2001|
|Game modes:||One Player|
Opening Video[edit | edit source]
Playable Characters[edit | edit source]
The game features characters from different tokusatsu shows which helps the selected in-game-only character (either BIO or METAL route) progress in the story.
- Banpresto Original
- Test Subject 003
- Eiji Kano (叶 エイジ)/Vortex (ヴォルテックス)
- Ran Hinata (日向 ラン)/Velvet (ヴェルヴェット)/Velvet Fury (ヴェルヴェット・フューリー)/
Velvet Reverse (ヴェルヴェット・リバース)
- Team Leader Kitakura
- Team Captain Sawa
- Team Member Amamoto
- Team Member Andou
- Team Member Ushio
- Team Member Oomura
- Team Member Katsube
- Team Member Hirata
- Team Member Manaka
- Team Member Yanagitani
- Tsuyoshi Kaijou/Akarenger
- Akira Shinmei/Aorenger
- Daita Ooiwa/Kirenger
- Peggy Matsuyama/Momorenger
- Kenji Asuka/Midorenger
Enemy Characters[edit | edit source]
Many villains and monsters are adapted from their respective franchises including various tokusatsu enemies and monsters appear in the game.
- Banpresto Original
- Alien Baltan (Versions 1 and 2)
- Red King
- Mummy Man
- Alien Zarab/Imitation Ultraman
- Alien Mephilas
Story[edit | edit source]
Takuma Sakomizu was known for his role in a certain incident as the wanted criminal Luciferd. While being chased around by the Space Sheriffs, he along with Saki end up helping the heroes of Earth in battling the threats that have mysteriously joined forces by an unknown organization.
Kano Eiji and Hinata Ran were just normal childhood friends, until a certain organization changed their lives and modified them into becoming their loyal subordinates. Escaping before being completely controlled, they help the heroes of Earth in battling the threats that have mysteriously joined forces with the organization.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The game plays much like an old styled strategy game, such as Fire Emblem or earlier versions of Super Robot Wars. The player and the enemy takes turn to move their units on the battlefield.
JOYSTICK SETUP[edit | edit source]
- Circle (O) - Select (If pressed on a unit will show the unit's Command List, and if pressed on an empty square will show Game Options)
- Cross (×) - Cancel (If pressed on an empty square will show the square's information)
- Note : The Square Information shows the Defense Percentage and Hit Rate Percentage affected by the terrain. This is important. Position the units in an advantageous terrain.
- Square (■) - Show Map
- Triangle (▲) - Speed up Cursor
- Start (►) - Game Options
- Select (▬) - Nothing
- R1/L1 - Next/Previous Friendly Unit
- R2/L2 - Next/Previous Enemy Unit
- R1+R2+L1+L2+Select+Start - Soft Reset.
ATTACKING AND DEFENDING[edit | edit source]
The battle screen will show up whether the unit is attacking or defending. The top most screen shows the amount of HP and Energy both the enemy unit's and player unit's info. Once the HP reaches 0, the unit is destroyed.
Destroyed Heroes and Soldiers don't cost a thing. However, a destroyed Tank (that has been produced in a factory) will be lost, and that unit has to be produced again. When being attacked, this option will be shown. The options are :
- Commence Sequence
- Choose Weapon
Pressing the Circle button at the Commence Sequence option will continue the attack normally.
However, pressing the Square button will skip the battle animation (Good when fighting non-interesting enemies). This is also applicable when attacking.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Aside from other Rider Machines, both Cyclone's dash attack is upgraded separately from their normal bike counterparts.
- Only Kamen Rider#1's Cyclone takes the upgrades from his first version carried over to the next.
- Ultraman Jack can't be equipped with Items.
- Even though Zoffy can be acquired later in the game, his stats shows the weakest of all the Ultra brothers in the game.
[edit | edit source]
- Banpresto in Wikipedia
- JAM Project in Wikipedia
- Super Tokusatsu Taisen 2001 in Wikipedia (Japan)
- Super Tokusatsu Taisen 2001 in Game FAQs
- Super Tokusatsu Taisen 2001 Character info
- Super Tokusatsu Taisen 2001 Korean Walkthrough (Blog Archive)
- Super Tokusatsu Taisen 2001 Character List
- Super Tokusatsu Taisen 2001 GameShark Codes from a Japanese Site.