|This article is about a/an film in the Tokusatsu Super Hero subgenre.|
Toei 100 Great Heroes Super Fight (東映100大ヒーロー スーパーファイト Tōei Hyaku Dai Hīrō Sūpā Faito) is a 1986 video-only film introducing one-hundred Toei's superheroes from their tokusatsu productions and other shows.
This work is roughly divided into 6 parts. Here, for convenience, each part is expressed as "(letter) part".
- Firstly, in part A, the feature starts with the movie Gekko Kamen and introduces the heroes of the black and white era mainly in the 1950s and 1960s, including theatrical movies and historical dramas. The sole color work is Dai Ninjutsu Eiga: Watari.
- Next, Part B features the heroic groups of the late 1960s, which is the heyday of the monster boom. Footage from Akuma-kun to Kamen no Ninja Akakage, Captain Ultra and Giant Robo plays.
- Part C features the heroes of the Kamen Rider Series up to ZX, who was then the latest hero of the franchise (Kamen Rider Black would follow in 1987). Subsequently, the transformation scenes of remaining "henshin" heroes" of the early 1970s are introduced individually, and then the battle scenes of the heroes of each work flow. However, life-size robot heroes such as Android Kikaider and Robotto Keiji are recorded as individual images at the end of the corner.
- Part D mainly introduces works in the latter half of the 1970s, such as Himitsu Sentai Gorenger. This is an individual introduction for each work or series. After the introduction of the five Gorengers, their successors of J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai are presented, and footage from the film J.A.K.Q. Dengekitai is used to depict the two Sentai of Shotaro Ishinomori fighting together. The other heroes of the late 1970s are introduced in succession.
- Part E features the Super Sentai Series after Battle Fever J which united the elements of the hero team and the Giant Robo. Following Battle Fever, the Robos from Denshi Sentai Denziman to Choudenshi Bioman were introduced in still images, followed by the activities of warriors and robots from Denziman to Bioman from archive footage. While members of Gorenger and J.A.K.Q. had been introduced individually, subsequent Sentai were represented by their Giant Robo over the team. However, in the case of individual heroes who fight with Giant Robots such as Spider-Man and Kyojuu Tokusou Juspion, they are given priority.
- Part F serves as the final corner, introducing the later science fiction heroes centered on the Space Sheriff Series. The scene where the Space Sheriff trio gathers and transforms in the final episode of Uchuu Keiji Shaider followes, and from there on is an individual introduction in order. The video of the special drama GeGeGe no Kitaro broadcasted the previous year (1985) of this video release is also acknowledged.
- The special closes with the successive scenes of successive heroes with still images following the video of the latest work Jikuu Senshi Spielban, followed by the original Gekko Kamen. Finally, the "End" mark is displayed.
Since the two latest works Flashman and Spielban (respectively followed by Hikari Sentai Maskman and Choujinki Metalder in 1987) were ongoing at the time of this release, Flashman's landmark Second Robo, Titan Boy Great Titan, as well as the new female warrior, Helen Lady, older sister of Spielban, are not included as they had yet to be introduced.